When working on a motorcycle accident case, circumstances arise when a Philadelphia injury lawyer will retain a motorcycle accident reconstruction expert.
A motorcycle accident reconstructionist is needed when liability is in question, and proof is needed that the other party is at fault. When proper fault has not been determined, an insurance company will make an offer that is unfairly low, or deny compensation completely. I am an experienced Pennsylvania motorcycle accident lawyer with years of handling motorcycle injury cases. Please call me, Jeffrey Harlan Penneys, for a free consultation at 1-800-465-8795 (1-800-injury-law).
Motorcycle accident reconstructions are divided into 5 stages:
- Perception/Reaction – lasts the first 1.1-1.5 seconds
- Braking – includes an analysis of skid marks. The marks are used to determine if the wheels locked up and if it was the front wheel, the back, or both.
- Pre-Impact Sliding – looks at damage to road and bike. The bike and rider usually separate and continue to move in the same direction.
- Impact – knowledge of motorcycle components helps to determine speed and angle of collision.
- Post-Impact Motion – see if the rider continued to move after impact. The bike and rider will typically travel in different directions in this phase.
Pennsylvania injury lawyers hire motorcycle accident reconstruction experts because they have a thorough understanding of the dynamics of motorcycle accidents. They learn the physics of riding, and how bodies and motorcycle parts react to high speed movement and collision.
An investigator will examine photos, wreckage, and police reports. They will measure skid marks, interview witnesses and survivors, and visit the accident site on the same day of the week and at the same time of day.
I have accident reconstruction professionals who are at the top of the field, and if your case requires a reconstruction, you can be sure he or she will be of the highest quality. Incidentally, the reconstructionist does not cost you any more money. You don’t pay anything unless I win your case.
If you or someone you know has been in a motorcycle accident and you are interested in expert representation, call me, Pennsylvania motorcycle accident attorney Jeffrey Harlan Penneys, for a free consultation at 1-800-465-8795 (1-800-injury-law).