Experienced and Knowledgeable Hospital Malpractice Lawyers Serving the Philadelphia Area
We go to the hospital in our times of greatest need — when we are suffering and in pain, and when we are in need of professional medical attention. When we are there, we expect to be treated with care and expertise. We expect to get better while we’re there, not worse.
Unfortunately, each year, hundreds of thousands of people are harmed or injured due to hospital errors, medical malpractice, and medical negligence. Some of these mistakes result in extensive medical bills, long-term disabilities, pain and suffering, and even death.
At the Law Offices of Jeffrey H. Penneys, Esq., I am dedicated to helping the victims of hospital errors and their families. I have three goals when taking on a Philadelphia hospital malpractice case: getting justice for the injury victim, getting the hospital to take responsibility for their negligence, and getting fair compensation for the victim and his or her family.
Common Examples of Pennsylvania Hospital Malpractice
Hospital negligence takes on a wide range of forms, from a surgical mistake during an emergency operation, to the intentional physical abuse of a patient by a hospital employee. Generally, any time that a patient is harmed because of the negligence of the hospital or staff, a hospital malpractice claim may be appropriate.
Here are just a few types of hospital malpractice claims that I have seen at our law offices:
- A patient is given the wrong dose of medication or wrong medication altogether.
- A patient is the victim of a surgical or procedural error.
- A patient is not properly monitored by the nursing staff.
- A patient contracts an infection due to the hospital’s failure to use disinfectant.
- A patient is not correctly diagnosed in the Emergency Room.
- A patient is abused or neglected by hospital staff.
- A patient is not properly treated for a health condition or symptom.
- A patient is not properly tested, or tests are misread by staff.
- A hospital does not properly vet or train their staff.
- A hospital does not properly maintain their premises.
- A hospital does not operate under safe conditions or proper policies.
- A hospital does not provide reasonable security.
If you believe that you or a loved one has been a victim of hospital malpractice or hospital negligence, you may need the assistance of a Philadelphia medical malpractice attorney.
How a PA Hospital Error Lawyer Can Help You
Hospitals are adept at combating medical malpractice lawsuits and will spend significant time and resources to fight claims even when they know they are in the wrong. An experienced and skilled hospital malpractice attorney can help you fight back against these often powerful and large hospital systems.
At my law offices, we have developed a working system for successfully filing and settling hospital error claims. During this process, we will:
- Listen to your story and collect evidence related to your case, including medical records.
- Enlist the help of one or more expert witnesses, such as a doctor.
- Determine who was at fault for your hospital error, as well as whether more than one party may share blame for your injury.
- Prove that the hospital’s negligence caused your injury and that your injury caused compensable loss.
- Calculate your losses, including medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Take aggressive action to recover monetary compensation for your injuries.
Because hospital patients are often already sick or injured when they enter a medical facility, hospital negligence can be difficult to prove and medical malpractice claims can be complex. Having an experienced malpractice lawyer at your side can be the difference between getting justice and losing your case.
File A Pennsylvania Hospital Malpractice Claim Today
I know that it can be difficult to think of legal issues when you are recovering from an illness or injury, caring for a loved one, or grieving a loss. However, filing a PA hospital negligence claim is the only way to get justice, help prevent future incidents, and secure the compensation you need to move forward. Once you meet with me, I can take the lead on your case and you can focus on other aspects of your life, such as your health and your family.
I offer the victims of medical malpractice and their families no-obligation, confidential consultations. Meet with me in my office, in your home, or even in your hospital room. To schedule now, or simply to ask me a question about your potential case, please call 1-215-771-0430 (Cell) or 1-800-InjuryLaw (1-800-465-8795). In addition, please complete our contact form and I will be in touch with you within 24 hours.