Philadelphia Wrongful Death Lawyer
Losing a loved one in an accident or due to a medical error is absolutely heartbreaking. Knowing that your loved one’s death should have been prevented, or that it involved someone else’s negligence, can make the grieving process even more difficult. At the same time, many families struggle with losing a pillar of their household, especially if their loved one provided a source of income or other means of household support.
At the Law Offices of Jeffrey H. Penneys, Esq., I understand the legal, financial, and emotional aspects of suddenly losing a family member in an accident. My practice and my career is committed to helping families across Pennsylvania with their wrongful death lawsuits and wrongful death settlements, all with a focus on compassion, assertiveness, and a deep understanding of the law.
Here are some of the wrongful death cases in which I assist my clients:
- Car Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Public Transportation & SEPTA Accidents
- Slip and Fall (Premises Liability) Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Dog Attacks
- Product Liability
The Vital Elements of Pennsylvania Wrongful Death Lawsuits
Why should you choose legal counsel who has many years of experience with wrongful death cases in Pennsylvania? Very simply, wrongful death cases are different from personal injury cases and they often necessitate a particular depth of knowledge and skill. If you choose to work with my legal team, we will lead you through the process from beginning to end, carefully preparing and completing each element of your case. This includes:
- Proving fault and negligence. At the heart of every wrongful death case is understanding how the fatality occurred and who was responsible. I will examine all of the evidence in your case, extract valuable information from witnesses and experts, and gain a full picture of what happened and why.
- Determining the wrongful death claimants. After determining that a valid wrongful death claim exists, I will establish whether the parents, spouse, or children of the deceased should bring the case and whether a probate estate should be created.
- Calculating economic damages. With the help of expert economic analysts, we will determine how much your family lost financially due to your loved one’s death. This analysis involves understanding the victim’s employment history, wages, possible future wages, expected lifespan, employment benefits, and many other factors.
- Calculating non-economic damages. In addition to losing a family member who contributed to the household, you also lost emotional support and a cherished relationship. While it can be difficult to put a monetary value on companionship, consortium, and comfort, I can help you determine fair compensation for these losses.
- Explaining your case to jurors from the courtroom floor. If your PA wrongful death claim is not settled out of court, you will need a skilled attorney to represent your case in front of a judge and jury. I have the experience, knowledge, and expertise to explain your case clearly to a jury, from how the at-fault party was negligent to why you deserve compensation for your economic and non-economic losses.
Pennsylvania Wrongful Death & Medical Malpractice
Wrongful death cases that involve medical malpractice, medical negligence, or hospital errors can be complex and highly technical. Hiring an attorney who is familiar with medical malpractice cases is just as important as hiring an attorney who is familiar with wrongful death cases. I have specific experience with wrongful death medical malpractice cases, and I truly believe that this experience improves my ability to help my clients, and thereby, achieve great case outcomes.
Getting Started With Your PA Wrongful Death Lawsuit
It can be extremely difficult to think about liability, negligence, finances, and legal issues so soon after your loved one’s death. Yet under Pennsylvania law, families of accident and medical error victims only have two years to file a wrongful death claim and get the compensation that they are owed.
I am here to help you through every step of your Philadelphia wrongful death claim. After making the initial call and telling me your story, I will take the lead on moving your case forward, giving you the opportunity to focus your time and energy on your recovery.
I offer the families of wrongful death victims free, confidential case reviews. Schedule today by calling me, Jeffrey Harlan Penneys, Esq., at 1-215-771-0430 (Cell) or 1-800-InjuryLaw (1-800-465-8795) or by filling out the short contact form located on this page.