It’s a big misconception that all car accident personal injury cases end up in court with a judge and jury. In reality, the vast majority of car accident claims are settled privately, out of court, between the accident victim and the insurance company.
Since many people have never been injured in a car accident before, they enter into the settlement process without much knowledge of what to do or how to secure fair compensation for damages. On the other hand, insurance companies specialize in negotiating claims and they have invested large amounts of time, money, and research into how to best minimize, delay, and deny claims.
I, Jeffrey Harlan Penneys, Esq., am here to level the playing field between the injury victim and the insurance company. As a seasoned Philadelphia car accident attorney, I am familiar with the tricks, strategies, and tactics so often employed by car insurance companies, and I know exactly how to respond.
Contact me today at 1-800InjuryLaw (1-800-465-8795) to partner with my legal team and fight for a fair and just auto accident settlement.
How Insurance Companies Compromise Your Settlement
Insurance companies profit from denying, delaying, and underpaying claims. They make money by using a well-worn set of approaches and ploys that convince car accident injury victims to accept offers that aren’t fair or valid. Let’s take a closer look at some of their favorite tactics:
- They trick you into making a recorded statement. Insurance companies love when you incriminate yourself or provide evidence that you don’t deserve compensation. Never agree to a recorded statement before speaking to an attorney. Many injury victims misspeak or simply get confused during these statements, especially if they occur soon after an accident and injury.
- They pressure you to accept a lowball offer. Insurance companies rely on the fact that many injury victims will accept any offer of money after an accident, even if the check does not come close to covering medical costs, car repairs, and other damages. While it may be tempting to receive money quickly, don’t fall for this common strategy.
- They delay your claim to make you desperate for payment. It is “bad faith” for insurance companies to unreasonably delay your claim, but many will still look for every opportunity to slow your claim and stall your payment. They hope that you will be so desperate to pay medical bills and other expenses that you will cave and accept less money. Don’t do it.
- They cast doubt on your objections and intimidate you. The insurance company will try their best to make you doubt that you have a valid claim or that you deserve more. They may even present “evidence” that proves they are right or tell you a lawyer can’t help you. Don’t believe any of their statements until you talk to an attorney.
How a Pennsylvania Car Accident Attorney Can Help
I have handled thousands of Pennsylvania personal injury cases and have negotiated thousands of fair settlements with insurance companies across the state. I am familiar with how the settlement process works and how to fight back against black hat insurance strategies. I have the knowledge, skill, and experience to make certain that you receive the maximum amount possible under your circumstances.
As your PA car accident attorney, I will:
- Thoroughly investigate your claim and examine all related evidence.
- Precisely determine how much your case is worth as well as an acceptable range for your settlement.
- Explain the settlement process to you and answer all of your questions and concerns.
- Adeptly negotiate with the insurance company so that you don’t have to.
- Stand up for your rights under state and federal law.
- Take your case to the courtroom if necessary.
Don’t Negotiate your PA Car Accident Settlement without Legal Help
Hiring a car accident attorney to negotiate your settlement sends three clear messages to the insurance company: you know your rights, you know what you deserve, and you are not afraid to take serious action.
At the Law Offices of Jeffrey H. Penneys, through both my knowledge of the law and my knowledge of the insurance industry, I am committed to helping all of my clients secure fair compensation from the insurance company. I offer victims of car accidents and their families a free, private consultation, and I have a No win, No fee policy.
To learn more about your possible settlement, to request a free claim evaluation, or simply to ask me a question, call my office today at 1-800InjuryLaw (1-800-465-8795). You are also invited to fill out our online contact form and I will get in touch with you within 24 hours.